My client in the public sector space have an immediate requirement for a Financial Reporting Accountant.
The Financial Reporting team is responsible for the preparation of Financial Accounts for the group and its subsidiaries. The Finance team supports the development of financial information as well as the implementation of accounting and control procedures to ensure the accurate accounting for and reporting of transactions by the group.
The primary responsibility of the Financial Reporting Accountant will be to assist in the preparation and completion of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting for corporate entities as well as the consolidated Group. The Financial Reporting Accountant will work within the Financial Reporting Team and report to the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting.
The role will involve:
- End to end ownership of the cash process, including provision of weekly cash reporting to the group
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for the group and its related Group Entities in accordance with IFRS
- Presentation of financial information for review by Senior Management & Executive Team
- Review and challenge of information provided by the Business Units.
- Provision of assistance in the on-going development and refinement of processes and the implementation of financial reporting policies and procedures.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual journals for posting to the general ledger
- Preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations to support financial information in the general ledger and other information sources required to support decision making.
- Assisting in ensuring on-going compliance with financial reporting and company law and all legislation applicable to the group.
- A Qualified Accountant ( ACA, ACCA) - with minimum 2 years PQE.
- A background in financial reporting including ‘month end’ reporting experience.
- A comprehensive understanding of monthly management accounts preparation and IFRS.
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to adapt to the position quickly and demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team.
Contact Natasha Bevan today for more information