Location; Co Meath / Dublin
Salary; €45,000 to €60,000 doe plus benefits to include transport expenses
Welcoming applications for the position of Fire Engineer / Fire Protection Specialist to manage compliance of fire barrier penetrations and fire-stopping for various residential projects. Permanent Staff position with excellent career growth.
Our client a well-established Project Management company and a specialist in all areas of the construction industry to include; new build residential, social housing developments, industrial and retail, demolition, civil engineering and commercial fit-outs as well as restoration works .
Due to the growing demands of its clients, we are welcoming applications from Fire Engineers, Fire Specialists and Fire Protection Consultants to grow and develop their Fire Protection Department. As they are members of the AFSP Association for Specialist Fire Protection you will have full support and access to a wide range of guidance and services.
This is very much a growing and expanding role and you would be expected to head up the day to day running of this new division, ensuring quality and customer satisfaction.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Using the facilities of Bolster software;
- Project Management for the programme of fire protection
- Manage the process of documenting all fire barrier penetrations and passive fire protection within a building
- Inspection of buildings
- Survey location of all walls and floors, schedule each fire-stopped area
- Record dates, materials, ref numbers etc
- Record fire-stopped locations for contractors carrying out renovation work.
- Retain photographic records (before and after).
- Identify the location of works required and remedial works.
- Regular and routine inspection of places, premises, and equipment, which present a special risk of fire and reporting any breaches of the prevention code.
- Instruction and guidance to all stakeholders, advising on Protection Standards and Building Regulations issued
- Monitor all means of escape to ensure that they are both safe and adequate and all times
- Keep up to date on all legislations and regulations
- Keep records of all inspections
To be considered for this role:
- A Bachelor of Science in Fire Engineering / Safety
- Experience in traceability software (Bolster system)
- A minimum of two years adequate and relevant experience in a similar role
- Knowledge and appropriate experience of fire safety in residential buildings
- Knowledge of building regulations
- Technical skills and ability appropriate to the post.
Send your CV now in confidence. Call Darina on 0866078982 for enquiries.