Your New Company:
Cpl are delighted to be partnering with a US based Tech giant who specialise in data management & data storage solutions. Due to an exciting phase of growth, they have invested in a new International HQ in Ireland and are seeking several Embedded/Firmware Engineers to join the newly created teams. These roles can be Cork based or 100% remote in Ireland.
About The Role:
As a Firmware Engineer, you will work as part of a highly skilled team responsible for the research and development of embedded software used in the organisation’s storage products. The team is focused on enabling high-capacity, high-performance SAS and NVMe based storage I/O modules and disk shelves. You will participate in all aspects of product lifecycles including design, development, testing and debugging of embedded software for new storage products as well as enhancements to existing storage products.
· Collaborate with team members on designing and implementing software with a focus on simplicity, reliability, and manageability using C
· Participate in product design, development, verification, testing, troubleshooting, and delivery of storage firmware software releases
· Develop maintainable, efficient, and reliable software
· Participate in customer escalations
· Conduct and participate in technical discussions within the team as well as with other groups across business units in the company
· Excellent C (or C++) programming skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
· Strong team mentality
· Familiarity with basic concepts of computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices
· Demonstrated creative and systematic approach to problem solving
· Experience developing in Windows and Linux platforms
· Willingness to learn new skills working with real time operating systems, embedded software development tools, and storage protocols such as SAS, NVMe, SCSI and SATA
There is a competitive salary and benefits package on offer for this role as well as the opportunity to work remotely in Ireland.
For more information contact Killian on 021 4944867.