Shift Maintenance Fitter – Fermoy Co.Cork
Purpose of job
Reporting to the site maintenance manager the role of maintenance fitter is to provide mechanical support to ensuring that equipment asset performance is maximised. A high maintenance standard is a must as is adherence to safety and regulatory standards. Analyse downtime and implement cycle of continuous improvement to drive plant uptime by focusing on maintenance best practice. Implement preventative maintenance routines from heavy log handling equipment to sophisticated log and board scanners. Provide technical leadership and ownership for site mechanical systems.
- Ensure compliance with external law, rules and regulations relevant to the plant and internal safety standards and procedures.
- Develop and implement new standards, work practices and procedures to improve safety standards
- Completing plant and equipment fault diagnosis, repair and maintenance to enable the plant to operate safely and efficiently
- First response for all mechanical breakdowns on-site
- Complete process improvements, preventative maintenance and predictive maintenance
- Maintenance must be carried out on:
- Motor s and gearboxes from fractional horsepower to up to 125kW.
- Chain drives and chains transporting anything from a few boards to several tonnes of logs.
- Hydraulic systems, including servo driven hydraulic systems
- Pneumatic systems
- Mobile plant including log handles and forktrucks
- Boilers and drying kilns, including low pressure hot water systems
- Manufacture or adapt spare parts to include Milling and turning Arc and TIG welding Cutting and burning