Location; Dublin 4
Status; Permanent Staff
Salary; €42,000 - €52,000 plus doe
Welcoming applications from suitably qualified mechanical fitters that went on to do a diploma or ordinary degree or similar. (level 7 qualification essential) Technical officer staff position based in the workshop of a biomedical research and training facility in Dublin 4. Ideally you will have worked in a similar position in a lab / pharma setting on similar systems as outlined below.
We are looking for an innovative individual who has the knowledge and desire to work on bespoke systems. You will work on the installation, fabrication, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of a variety of laboratory and mechanical equipment to include; freezer monitoring systems, large refrigeration units, vacuum, pumps, water treatment, steam generation, autoclaves, compressed air, induction washing, gas cylinders and associated piping for various gases.
Duties will include
Operate and maintain a special purpose mechanical workshop
Design, construction, installation, refit and repair of scientific / laboratory equipment
Oversee and comply with Health & Safety aspects of work in the Mechanical Workshop
Write and maintain Standard Operating Procedures and training records for a range of workshop equipment. Ensure users follow SOP’s in the use of laboratory equipment.
Participate in emergency call outs e.g. freezer monitoring system, emergency breakdowns etc.
To be considered for this position you will have;
- Level 7 Ordinary Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Maintenance, Manufacturing and/or Fabrication
- A proven, demonstrable, record of appropriate technical competence in operating a range of workshop equipment including, lathes, milling machines, welding equipment etc
- Flair to design / fabricate bespoke pieces
- Experience in design software such as labworks or 3D Printing
- Innovative, flexible and adaptable
- Good management, planning, prioritising and organisational skills
- The ability to explain technical language in a clear and easy to understand manner
Excellent career building opportunity. 39 hours weekly Mon – Fri.
Send your CV now with a detailed summary of your relevant experience and aptitude.
For enquiries call Darina on 01 6390391 (dd) or 0866078982