On behalf of our client, I am currently recruiting for a Formulation Scientist. This position is open to applicants at both graduate and more senior level (2 + years’ experience).
- Product Formulation: Wet formulation of various liquid formulations types including solutions, suspensions, and emulsions. Dry formulation of various dry formulations such as powders and granules formed by extrusion or spray granulation.
- Formulation characterization including rheological testing, particle size analysis (laser diffraction, microscopy), HPLC, GC and other standardized physical tests.
- Coordinating work with the wider expertise across company departments including analytical, technical operations, physical characterization, and supply chain teams. Cross-departmental reporting including written reporting, oral presentation, troubleshooting discussions.
- Technology Transfer Activities: Transfer of formulation approaches to external manufacturing facilities which can include technical document preparation, lab-scale process development and demonstration, monitoring of scale-up operations.
- Development of optimized formulation approaches through activities including literature surveys, parameter variation testing, finished product physical testing and evaluation.
- Efficient task planning and execution. Effective reporting and providing recommendations or conclusions as appropriate.
The minimum requirements for this role are:
- Degree (BSc min 2.1) and preferably MSc in physical chemistry, general chemistry or a related discipline such as pharmaceutical science.
- Practical laboratory experience –a solid foundation in practical laboratory operations.
- Background knowledge in colloid and surfactant science.
- An excellent scientific aptitude together with an ability to work and innovate independently.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational and documentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work as part of a high performing team to demanding timelines.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please call Ciara on +353 1 2784671 or email email@example.com
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com