Our client is a global provider of financial services technology. Our clients include banks, thrifts, credit unions, securities broker dealers, leasing and finance companies, and retailers. In Nenagh, we are building the next generation of commerce infrastructure, services and analytics to support continued growth of our business.
We are currently looking at expanding our technology centre and are seeking people who want to work on core product for deployment on a global scale. We want to talk with people who want to;
• Create better experiences for users
• Prioritise ease of use and functionality
• Build and deploy new services
• Ask questions of the biggest datasets
• Be passionate, impactful and Be first
• Join a team on a mission
Lead application developers will, in collaboration with a multidisciplinary delivery team, lead the design, development and operationalizing of software applications in a build it own it environment.
· Lead a technical engineering team
· Analysis of complex processes and applications.
· Work closely with system and enterprise architects in order to develop and design the best possible approach; support the development and implementation for new and existing services in the electronic payments area.
· Implementation and documentation of software architecture and E2E solutions.
· Contribute considerably to implementing technical solutions within a collaborative, high trust, solutions delivery team that will contain other developers, architects, product owners, test and DevOps engineers.
· Work within a defined agile delivery process to deliver high quality solutions
· Responsible for the execution of complex development tasks, unit tests, debugging and for supporting validation activities including component tests, regression tests, system integration tests.
· Creation of monitoring and logging solutions to allow for state-of-the-art monitoring of our high performance, enterprise production environment.
· Contribute to estimation efforts at a T-shirt sizing level using your expertise in the relevant areas.
· Knowledge transfer, active support and educational development of internal and external team members.
· Partner with developers, analysts, and tech leads across the enterprise, to identify business needs and appropriate technical solutions.
· Support the developed solutions in production in a build it own it model.
· Will perform additional job duties as required
Knowledge & Skills
· Minimum 6 years’ large scale enterprise level experience in designing and developing web and services-based applications.
· Minimum 2 years of experience in Technical Lead role.
· Experience in a full stack development is required.
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as computer science, business informatics or mathematics. Comparable education or professional experience also considered.
· Good understand of Software development lifecycle end-to-end.
· Nice to have Angular or React hands-on experience would be an advantage.
· In-depth experience with several back-end technologies such as Spring-Boot, Spring-Web, REST, Kafka, PCF.
· Experience with JAVA 11, Maven/ Gradle.
· Experience with Shell-Script and Linux based operating systems.
· Experience with micro-service architectures.
· Good to have knowledge in Security-OWASP Top 10.
· Experience with Encryption and Hashing mechanism is preferred.
· Exceptionally strong on code review and code quality.
· Extensive knowledge on modern databases technologies.
· Experienced in runtime, build and deployment technologies and state-of-the-art project tools: Eclipse, Git/GitLab, Maven, CI/CD, Containerization and Orchestration, JIRA and Confluence.
· High on social skills, team spirit and empathy.
· Willingness to take ownership and ability to show strong personal commitment for the department and the team goals; must be comfortable with being considered a reliable and proactive influential team member who is not afraid to take on responsibility in the team.
· Ability to communicate clearly to product owners and stakeholders as well as technical-representatives.
· Very strong and proven communication and coordination skills, open-minded and determined.
· Very organized and highly competent in solving issues and finding solutions.
· Responsible for planning, highlighting and implementing possible improvements for existing and new applications.
· Can do, Will do attitude.