The team has 7 people in it and you would be mentoring people in the team. It’s just below a tech lead level. Its more on the front end 70/30 split but if this was an issue they would look at a 50/50 split. When things get back to normal they will be looking at a hybrid model of working with 2-3 days in the office when its safe to do so. There would be allot of autonomy in this role.
Role & Team
You will be joining as a member of one of our cross functional Product Teams and will play a pivotal and crucial part in collaborating with members of the team. You will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of their next generation of services, and you will contribute to the digital transformation of our core systems.
• Drive: You’re not someone that waits be told what to do. You’re constantly coming up with small improvements or big new ideas, bringing the best solutions to life.
• Creativity and curiosity: You’re passionate about seeing your changes come to life. You’re naturally curious and immersed in your work – constantly reading, researching, looking at the latest trends and trying out new technologies and approaches.
• High attention to detail: You’re the person who spots the pixel out of place and more importantly, helps us fix it.
• Growth: You will mentor other developers, actively share knowledge and help the team to learn and grow together.
This Full Stack Developer role will involve…
• Supporting and guiding requirements/design activities for features in our main customer facing portal.
• Working with Designers, Product Managers and Developers to ensure all features are well-designed and implemented correctly.
• Establishing and maintaining coding standards and best practices.
• Taking the initiative – not waiting to be told what to do. Constantly coming up with small improvements or big new ideas, bringing the best solutions to life.
• Being relentless about quality and embracing a culture of continuous delivery
• Passionate about seeing changes come to life. Naturally curious and immersed in the work – constantly reading, innovating, researching, exploring the latest trends and trying out new technologies and approaches
• Have a minimum of 5+ years (post-graduation) experience working on both frontend and backend production web applications.
• Solid experience in latest Java server-side development essential
• Experience building RESTful services using spring
• Experience building frontend applications in ReactJS (They will look at Angular Experience)
• Experience with Relational Database technologies (e.g. MYSQL)
• Experience with continuous integration and automated deployment an advantage (e.g. Jenkins, Sonar, Helm, Terraform).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate technical information in a clear and succinct manner.
• Experience mentoring junior members on your team
• Desirable knowledge in Liferay, Kubernetes and Agile (Scrum preferably).
• 4-year degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or combination of experience and education.