Full Stack Engineer
About this role
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and resourceful Software Engineer to join their team and help them build software for people in the hospitality industry. While the role is focused across their full backend, the team is still small enough for you to carve out your areas of responsibility, to lead and make an impact where it's most needed.
Building things from scratch makes for some very exciting workweeks. Rest assured, there will be no typical days for a while, and at any given time you might:
· Build, test and deploy features into the product backend
· Provide input in both the product and technical roadmap
· Define our future technical stack and architecture
· Ensure the scalability and resilience of our solution
· Optimise systems for agile and continuous deployment
They are looking for an engineer experienced with building amazing products. As they grow, Hardware and software you need to get the job done
Are you the type of person who wants to influence the journey of our company, help us grow from launch through product market fit to global scale. If so, you’ll do great and have a fun time as a Software Engineer within this companies growing team.
Culture fit is really important to here, and a candidate's technical chops are just half the story. Teamwork is the name of the game, and we're looking for someone who shares our values. That's why our interview process emphasises communication and culture just as much as experience. If you’re ready to bring your spark to our team, then look below for the technical requirements!
We think you’d be a great fit for the team if you meet all of these requirements:
· You have strong knowledge of APIs, SDKs, scripting, and ETL.
· You have worked with previous experience with AWS or other cloud platforms in production settings.
· You have previous experience with Kafka or other event streams (Kinesis, SQS, etc)
· You're confident in building complex distributed systems or microservices
· Love for documentation - from the custom solution down to API calls.
· You can handle authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments with help of OIDC, OAuth, OAuth2.
· You know your way around SQL and NoSQL databases (MySQL, MongoDB, Redis)
· Interface directly with clients and enterprise partners to integrate their point of sale and other utility applications with our APIs/SDKs and custom features.
· Manage the technical customer relationship for all facets of the integration including, but not limited to, requirements clarification, integration testing, load testing, giving demos, upgrading software, and responding to Customer needs for technical information.
· Work closely with product and engineering in delivering enterprise-level solutions to customers through problem solving, testing, and code delivery.
· Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are necessary.
· Work with development engineers, product managers, account managers and other departments to understand the technology resolve problems
Here are a couple more things that would make you an ideal candidate. We understand unicorns don't exist though, and skills can be learned. If you don't meet every single item below but have worked in a machine learning production environment and have the self-drive to level-up; let’s chat!
· You have experience in machine learning pipelines, and understand the challenges around turning ML models from experiments into value-adding production-ready models.
· You’re comfortable with Python
· You have experience with CI/CD and DevOps
It’s a start-up, so lots of things to do, lots of change, continuous delivery and fast learning is where we’re at; while making sure it’s fun and rewarding to be part of the team.