My client are seeking a passionate result-oriented technologist to drive better, faster, simpler solutions and technology direction focused on our web engineering stack. Someone that is highly motivated, hands-on and cross-functional with the capability of driving high quality solutions to difficult problems.
- Lead the web engineering team in designing and developing our web properties.
- Collaborate with product, marketing, design, and content operations to define and deliver on the web roadmap and strategy.
- Own the content management and delivery solutions that streamline web property deployment and updates.
- Ensure front-end experiences are optimized for SEO, performance, cross-browser compatibility, and WCAG accessibility compliance.
- Provide architectural guidance and direction around server environment configuration, clustering, caching, CDN usage, security, etc . . .
- Design and build APIs and highly-available services that deliver personalized, real-time content.
- Work with cross-functional design and engineering teams to develop and maintain design standards across all channels.
- Build data pipelines and integrations that connect our services to cloud services and 3rd party tools.
- Support the generation of a sprint plan by helping engineers refine Epics and Stories and providing high-level estimates on upcoming initiatives.
- Expert-level proficiency in Java, ReactJS, and Typescript.
- Experience setting up and leveraging one or more of the following technologies: Java CMSs (AEM, Magnolia), Static-Site Generators (Gatsby, Next.js, Hugo, Jekyll), Web/Component Testing tools (Cypress, Storybook).
- A strong understanding of how to achieve and test for WCAG accessibility compliance.
- Experience building reusable web patterns and components, ideally in the context of an organization’s design system.
- Experience optimizing a site for SEO and performance.
- Practical experience configuring and managing a CDN and web servers like Apache and NGINX.
- Experience deploying to cloud environments leveraging serverless technologies (AWS, Functions-as-a-Service, API Gateways, etc . . .)
- TDD – Must have practical experience with unit, integration, functional, and contract testing and how to apply it to Web projects built with React, Java, and Headless CMSs.
- Continuous Integration – Experience automating builds with Maven, NodeJS, NPM, and Webpack using CI Servers like Jenkins/Hudson.
- Operation in a global capacity with multi-country technology requirements and solution implementations.
- Well-developed analytical skills, ability to provide clarity to complex issues and synthesize large amounts of information insights on key methodologies and approaches.
- General – Comfortable in more than one programming language and have a firm grasp of fundamental web/internet technologies.