Hardware Design Engineer - Galway
Our client operates a world class R&D function supporting autonomous vehicle development. They are seeking a talented Hardware Design Engineer who will be part of the ECU platform team, developing the hardware to enable the next generation of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems.
· Research and Develop Hardware design solutions for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems
· Schematic design and development of embedded systems.
· Review and approval of PCB layouts – ensure PCB layout is optimized for High Speed Signals and EMC performance.
· Carry out design calculations including worst case and thermal analysis using MATHCAD.
· Carry out design circuit simulations
· Generation of hardware design requirements
· Efficient day to day technical guidance and management of assigned resources.
· Support Bring Up and electronic testing of prototypes including: EMI/RFI, Electrical, Environmental and ESD.
· Evaluation of new technologies and design trade-offs.
· Lead HW DFMEA & DFM&T hardware activities
· Manage technical communication on HW topics with the customer and suppliers
· Responsibility for identifying & scheduling all hardware development tasks in conjunction with relevant Project Manager. Generation of timing plans for same.
· Adhere to Internal & Customer Procedures
· Keep up to date with new Standards in the Industry
· Support the continuous improvement of the hardware development process
· Degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent
· Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in electronic design
· Experience with Microcontroller, SoC and DDR/SDRAM Schematic design preferred
· Excellent analysis skills in trouble-shooting electronic module failures
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Confident, articulate, self-motivated, determined & energetic
· Self-starter, motivated individual who can work alone, with little supervision.
· The person must be able to demonstrate a level of commitment, initiative and quality of workmanship required within an R&D environment.
For an immediate interview please forward your CV using the apply button