Hardware Design Engineer – Daily Rate Contract
Our multi-national client in Tuam, Co. Galway is looking for Hardware Design Engineer on a six-month daily rate contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for the researching and developing hardware design solutions for advanced driver assistance systems.
· Research and Develop Hardware design solutions for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems
· Schematic design and development of embedded systems.
· Review and approval of PCB layouts – ensure PCB layout is optimized for High Speed Signals and EMC performance.
· Carry out design calculations including worst case and thermal analysis using MATHCAD.
· Carry out design circuit simulations
· Generation of hardware design requirements
· Efficient day to day technical guidance and management of assigned resources.
· Support Bring Up and electronic testing of prototypes including: EMI/RFI, Electrical,
· Environmental and ESD.
· Evaluation of new technologies and design trade-offs.
· Lead HW DFMEA & DFM&T hardware activities
· Manage technical communication on HW topics with the customer and suppliers
· Responsibility for identifying & scheduling all hardware development tasks in conjunction with
· relevant Project Manager. Generation of timing plans for same.
· Adhere to Internal & Customer Procedures
· Keep up to date with new Standards in the Industry
· Support the continuous improvement of the hardware development process
· Degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent
· Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in electronic design
· Experience with Microcontroller, SoC and DDR/SDRAM Schematic design preferred
· Excellent analysis skills in trouble-shooting electronic module failures
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Confident, articulate, self-motivated, determined & energetic
· Self-starter, motivated individual who can work alone, with little supervision.
· The person must be able to demonstrate a level of commitment, initiative and quality of
· workmanship required within an R&D environment.
For an immediate interview, please click on the apply button below.