Head of Development, Renewables
Our client, a market leading energy company is seeking to recruit a highly skilled Head of Development. Reporting to the Head of Asset Development, you will be responsible for managing a high performing team of professionals to deliver development projects from acquisition to financial close. The role will be based in our Dublin or Belfast office and manage development sites nationwide.
Key responsibilities and duties of this role:
- Responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of asset development projects in accordance with Group targets ensuring that risks are identified and managed.
- Manage, coach and motivate a high performing team of multidisciplinary professionals (internal and external).
- Provide key assumptions for financial models and investment cases for potential projects.
- Ensure that health and safety is effectively managed during the development phase.
- Effective internal stakeholder management including with the Senior Management team, Corporate Development, Renewables O&M, Regulation and Finance.
- Effective and professional external stakeholder management with communities, landowners, politicians and planners.
- Support other teams in relation to project specific due diligence of potential acquisitions and providing inputs for project valuations including the assessment of construction and programme delivery risks.
To be considered for the role:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Project Management or Commercial Management. (reinforced by relevant development experience)
- Proven track record of managing and delivering Renewables assets and/or other significant infrastructural projects in Ireland or UK.
- Extensive stakeholder management experience, dealing with project landowners, statutory bodies and local authorities.
- Proven experience of managing, coaching and developing high performing teams.
- Proven commercial acumen and demonstrable project close out abilities.
- Experience of Renewables contracts including TSA’s, CBoPs and EBoPs is desirable.
- Good understanding of the renewables policy context, including planning and licensing issues.
Remuneration package will reflect the qualifications, experience, and fit of the candidate.
Please reply (in strict confidence) with up to date CV to:
Sandra Brennan E: email@example.com Cell: +353 86 6078980