Job Title: Head of Fund Operations & Service Provider Oversight
Location: Dublin, Ireland
We are looking for a financial professional with CBI regulated entity experience and extensive Irish UCITS/QIAIF experience as their Head of Operations. This role is defined under Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) Fitness & Probity guidelines as a Pre-approval Control Function (PCF) and as such, the successful candidate will require the prior approval of the CBI before taking up the role.
The candidate should also have in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the Fund product lifecycle. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for overseeing our Funds’ third-party Distribution Partners, coordinating client transition events, monitoring Fund shareholder activity, launching new Funds and share classes, and most importantly, supporting the firm's UCITS and QIAIF Fund business. In addition, the candidate will have responsibility for managing the operational dynamics required to support the distribution of our funds across the globe.
In addition, the successful candidate will be primarily engaged on a day-to-day basis as the lead individual with responsibility for oversight operations functions, including both delegated and non-delegated operations activities.
Delegated operational activities including:
1. Fund Administration activities delegated to third party firms.
2. Fund operations, Fund accounting, middle office & reconciliation functions (non-portfolio management activities) performed by NB Group affiliates
Non-Delegated operational activities including:
3. Operational activities, such as middle office functions conducted directly from EU branch offices.
· Design, implement and maintain appropriate operational monitoring and oversight programmes appropriate to the nature and scale of the above operational activities.
· Lead and implement operational projects and enhancements.
· Build out and maintain efficient and effective procedures for the ongoing monitoring and supervision of the firm’s network of distributors.
· Ownership of preliminary and ongoing due diligence requirements in respect of the above operational activities.
· Own key platform relationships and be the central point of contact when on-boarding new partners ensuring compatibility with the current systems
· Ensure effective communication between Distribution Partners/Service Providers/Portfolio Management occurs regarding new complex client take-on’s, new Fund/Share class launches and transition events
· Develop and maintain a catalogue of data dependencies across the fund business, reflecting which systems, users or Distributors require data, at what time and with what quality criteria.
· Take ownership of how fund data is disseminated through management of a number of areas from implementing data vendor strategy, providing data vendor management, technical integration to overseeing a data quality program, ensuring robust controls are in place
· Establish and maintain automated data feeds to Distributors and their selected data vendors, ensuring optimum data integrity at all times
· Producing adhoc and scheduled Reporting to the Board and Management Committee
Key Requirements / Qualifications:
· Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership, assertive follow-through and organisational skills; does not require close supervision
· Ability to interact with Board members, including Non-Executive Directors
· Prior experience in managing key distribution relationships is essential
· Demonstrable cross border regulatory knowledge with a global focus
· Prior experience in managing outsourced service provider relationships is highly advantageous. Strong understanding of both service provider service level agreements and distribution agreements
· Understanding and managing change within the financial services’ regulatory environment
· The candidate should be able to demonstrate a history of hands-on involvement in large projects including technology-based project work
· Strong markets experience and knowledge on a wide range of industry topics and initiatives, ensuring this is kept updated and relevant at all times
· Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in line with wider strategies
· Comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels of the business; Strong focus on high quality delivery
· Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a cross functional team.
· Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills; ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
· Proactive attitude, commitment to continuous learning, and willingness to challenge the status quo to improve processes.