- Develop the risk strategy in conjunction with the Chief Executive and the Executive Management Team.
- Recommend, implement and maintain the Risk Management Policy and Framework and Risk Appetite Framework in conjunction with the Executive Management Team and in line with strategic objective and appropriate best risk management practice.
- Lead effective 2nd line independent oversight and challenge to decisions that affect the organisation’s exposure to risk.
- Provide comprehensive and understandable information on risks, including strategic and emerging risks, sufficient to enable the firm and risk committees to understand the Risk function’s assessment of the overall risk profile of the firm’s activities through the use of key risk indicators, limits and 2nd line risk reporting.
- Assess risk materiality and the impact on the evolving risk appetite on a timely basis, ensuring linkage to effective decision making.
- Lead and manage all relevant internal risk committees or delegate where appropriate.
- Develop, lead and manage a professional team which interacts effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide subject matter expertise on risk management activities.
- Present timely monitoring, reporting and recommendations to the Audit and Risk Committee and relevant internal committees.