Our client is looking to hire and experienced Health and Safety Manager to effectively manage the health and safety function across the organisation ensuring legislative compliance, best practice and continuous improvement. The post-holder will ensure everyone in the company complies with H&S laws and that the activities and facilities of the client meet the requirements of H&S legislation.
Communication and key working relationships Internal The job holder will be required to work closely with managers across PBL to assess their needs and ensure the delivery of H&S plans. The job holder will also be required to work closely with a number of committees and groups, particularly the Safety Group and the Site Safety Committee. In addition, the post holder will liaise with Executive Directors, Operational Managers, Project Managers and other parts of the organisation, e.g. Production and Quality. External The post holder will be required to work closely with a number of external stakeholders such as HSE and other regulators and represent the organisation on matters relating to H&S for example the UK Regulatory Agencies.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and execute H&S plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
• Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of H&S. Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
• Work proactively with managers and other key staff to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement in the management of H&S, well-being, etc. Within their areas of responsibility.
• Ensure that rigorous risk assessment and incident management systems are in place and followed across the organisation. Accountable for setting and overseeing the incident investigation process.
• Conduct training and presentations for H&S matters and accident prevention.
• Oversee the adherence to the companies Safety Improvement plan. Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
• Maintain close liaison with management, scientific, technical, engineering, maintenance and administrative staff to ensure high standards of H&S.
• Actively maintain high levels of awareness of H&S practices and legislation; monitor compliance to policies and H&S laws.
• Maintain and develop a high level of understanding of the nature and significance of the work carried out by the scientific, technical, engineering, maintenance and administrative staff.
• Manage a system of auditing and seeking assurance of H&S in accordance with the companies policies and procedures.
• Take a lead role in the development of H&S standards and systems across the organisation.
• Participate and lead as necessary in emergency and unplanned events and participate in safety groups and in investigations of accidents and incidents as required.
• Maintain in an appropriate form such records and systems as are necessary to fulfil H&S policy, including those containing confidential information.
• Maintain H&S competences to national standards.
• To comply with all policies and procedures.
• To perform any other duties as per instructions of line manager/senior management.
Other The above is only an outline of the tasks, responsibilities and outcomes required of the role. You will carry out any other duties as may reasonably be required by the directorate. The job description and person specification may be reviewed on an ongoing basis in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
Human Resources Professional development You should pursue a programme of continuous professional development in accordance with any relevant professional registration or statutory requirements, while maintaining appropriate awareness of service provider requirements.