6 month contract
Up to £500 a day
Start Date: ASAP
The Interim HEMA Manager will be responsible for health economics and market access activities for the UK.
The Interim HEMA Manager will report directly to the HEMA Director UK/Ire. In addition, the Manager will work directly with the UK commercial team.
Health Economics & Market Access is a UK team, which provides specific HEMA expertise to each of the Business Units to support decision making and appropriate market strategy in support of must-win objectives.
Health Economics & Market Access (HEMA) is a critical element of our market access strategies to ensure success in an increasingly challenging market environment. New regulations, a decision-making process where the clinician is no longer the only player, and a concept of value which is more and more based on evidence coming from clinical studies and derived economic value from our technologies and solutions, makes it a must that we equip ourselves with the required capabilities and convey a meaningful value-based message to our customers. Within this context, the purpose of the role is to lead the Health Economics and Market Access activities for agreed growth platform(s), including timely market access strategies and assist in market development, through the development and execution of robust Health Economic/Outcome arguments and tools to support funding and procedural adoption. A key facet of the role will be providing market insights, data and benchmarking to support informed decision-making and opportunity identification.
• Provide leadership by developing and implementing Market Access strategies
• Positively influence referral pathways to increase patient volume in key procedural categories
• Liaise with payers & commissioners to enable market entry & access
• Build relationships and work with influential stakeholders outside of hospitals
• Support key growth platforms with strategic insight, market intelligence and financial data
• Partner with sales & marketing to deliver specialist health economic and reimbursement data to customers
• Accountable for reporting progress against key performance indicators aligned to growth platform projects
• Responsible for improving capabilities around health economics, reimbursement and knowledge of selling into the NHS
• Provide training and updates to sales teams and management teams as required to build the capability and understanding across the franchise in key areas such as NHS structure, funding flows and decision-making processes
• Responsible for the support/execution of the local Health Economics activities as part of the country plan.
• Develop local Market Access plans, ensuring local business plans proactively address market access barriers in target accounts as defined in the local GTM strategy .
• Provide input into evidence generation strategy for new product development and identify local opportunities for Health Economic evidence generation.
• Accountable for Health Economic input into novel, local commercial initiatives requiring substantiation of value including but not restricted to Value Based Procurement, Risk sharing agreements and pricing initiatives.
• Support the adaptation and local approval of regionally developed HEMA tools, translating complex messages into simple statements that can easily be articulated by sales force.
• Responsible for local testing of HEMA tools to ensure local relevance and message acceptance by key stakeholders locally.
• Identifies potential talent to feed into cluster and regional talent strategy and succession planning promoting high engagement, retention, career development and advancement.
Please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org