Are you willing to take the next step in the HR field? If you recently graduated in Human Resources Management or in a similar field, if you completed your CIPD certification and you are willing to work in the HR department, this is your opportunity!
The HR Business Partner play's a key role in managing the HR function in the organization and driving new initiatives and projects. The person will provide support to Covalen management and its employees and also manage a range of day-to-day activities in the Human Resources Department.
• Ensure that Covalen is in compliance with all legal requirements e.g. employment law, Health and Safety, GDPR etc.
• Apply best practice at all times. If found to be non-compliant, develop action plan to address issue and escalate to HR Manager where appropriate
• Ensure all messages and communication complies with Company policies and procedures
• Policy development and documentation; ensure HR policies and procedures are updated in line with current legislation. Develop new policies in line with changing requirements.
• Maintain effective & constructive relationships with all management and staff to effect positive change to new environment.
• Support Operational and support function team members in implementing business change.
Recruitment and New Hires:
• Ensure successful delivery of all recruitment needs within the required KPI’s and targets
• Manage the process for new hires to point of end of probation.
• Monitor attrition levels, identify trends and work with team Managers to ensure we achieve target attrition.
• Provide Management Information in respect of all required HR Statistics for monitoring headcount, time and attendance, attrition etc (i.e. absenteeism/attrition stats etc.)
• Produce standard and ad-hoc reports as requested.
• Build two-way effective relationships with other HR team members within Covalen to ensure successful business benefits from best practice
• Build and manage own personal identity with key stakeholders
• Build effective relationships with operation managers ensuring they adhere to all people and HR practices effectively and provide prompting and support as required.
• Be main point of contact for employees in order to address their HR concerns.
• Develop & implement strategic HR initiatives as requirements identify.
• Have an active involvement in, and a positive contribution to any HR Projects that may arise.
• Ensure new and existing people practices are recurrent, happen in a timely manner and are to the satisfaction of all parties involved, i.e. performance management, bonus payments etc.
• Facilitate timely resolution of all employee relations issues maintaining an appropriate balance between employee and management advocacy.
• Manage and advise in grievance and disciplinary matters.
• Collect and analyse HR data; identify opportunities, define problems, and recommend viable solutions, i.e. Time and Attendance, Attrition.
• Lead and/or assist in the development of Human Resources manuals, forms, reports, etc.
• Assist with establishing project plans and process flow mapping i.e. process and procedure creation and maintenance, employee handbook, etc.
• Project manage various HR initiatives and projects as needed.
• Maintain a strong working relationship with other business departments.
• Provide coaching, mentoring and training in HR related fields to all levels of the business.
• Review, update, and maintain HR information in all communication media; newsletter, intranet, employee handbook etc.
• Excellent working knowledge of Employment Legislation
• Good knowledge of HR and policy & procedures
• Ability to efficiently work to specified project delivery deadlines
• Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, flexibility and innovation
• Proficiency in Microsoft office suite
• Excellent interpersonal, organisation and time management skills
• Ability to listen and be objective in all situations
• Proven record of maintaining confidentiality
• Able to work independently and collaboratively; must be a good team player and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Bachelor’s degree, Diploma in HR or equivalent
• Minimum of 12 months’ experience in a similar role
• Previous working experience in conducting disciplinary and grievance procedures
• Always possess a high regard for HR best practices and confidentiality
• Confidence to provide guidance and support to Managers and employees on the fair and consistent application of Interaction policies, procedures and legal requirements
• Proven track record of building and sustaining effective and professional working relationships.
• CIPD qualified or part-qualified
• Range of HR/IR courses at postgraduate certificate, diploma and/or master’s level is an advantage
• Working knowledge and understanding of Irish Employment Law
• Working knowledge of TMS
• Previous proven Industrial Relations working experience
• Previous experience in coaching and mentoring stakeholders
• Previous experience in coordinating, managing and implementing projects.
If this position interests you, APPLY NOW to firstname.lastname@example.org