The Business Analyst will be responsible for understanding business processes and applications, analysing the business needs of internal clients and stakeholders to help identify business problems and propose application solutions. It requires an ability to understand business processes, gather requirements and translate them into a model that will allow the organisation to achieve its goals.
- Develop a strong understanding of our existing system and application landscape as a building block for future solutions.
- Work with an internal and external teams to help shape the landscape and solutions that will allow the business to achieve its strategic goals.
- Using interviews, workshops, documentation reviews, business analysis and business process evaluations, gather business requirements.
- Work with and challenge business units on their assumptions to help deliver solutions for their current and future needs.
- Project manage the process from initiation through to sign off, adhering to all PMO requirements.
- Take on the project management of programme work streams through to successful implementation, when required.
- Work with information gathered from multiple sources, be able to evaluate true business requirement from user request, ensure that proposed solution is reconciled with all business inputs, and resolve business conflicts as required.
- Be able to draw requirements together into Functional Requirements Documents using existing templates, making use of diagrams, process flows and scenarios so that the resulting document will be meaningful to the intended users.
- Collaborate with other team members on different aspects of the projects, ensuring that the objectives of all components are aligned and that delivered solution will work as an end to end process.
- Responsible for managing aspects of project including resources, timelines, third parties and delivering status reports to feed into the overall project.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives in parallel.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in related field.
- IT experience in communications applications
- Demonstrate experience of gathering requirements and converting them into a product vision.
- Show experience of project management role and an understanding of PMO requirements.
- Have strong analytical skills to interpret customer needs and translate into application and operational requirements.
- Possess the ability to work alongside senior management at all levels within IT, the business and external service providers / business partners.
- Demonstrate strong planning and organisation skills, ability to plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Experience delivering solutions with third parties
- Demonstrate an understanding of the requirements for integrations and data transformation in a complex environment
- Experience testing solutions across multiple systems
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism.
- Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency
For further information please contact Fiona Kealey on email@example.com