You will be responsible for managing the day to day operations and service delivery and will work hand in hand with a number of 3rd party infrastructure and application providers that maintain the IT infrastructure, service desk, cloud services and mobile & fixed data communication networks.
You will work with 3rd party suppliers to ensure the requisite service availability, costs and that contracted SLA’s and KPI’s are being met for the effective delivery of ICT services. In addition, the post holder will have a significant involvement in the definition and application of ICT procurement, security, and governance activities.
The position will involve the ongoing management and definition of services, continuous improvement, incident, and problem management as well as managing ICT change. You will be skilled in applying best practice processes and frameworks such as ITIL to ensure that all aspects of the ICT infrastructure and support services.
Desired Technical/Professional Competencies
- Relevant 3rd level qualification in Information Technology
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in similar role within a large organisation in the
- Excellent knowledge of ITIL particularly in incident and problem, change and release and supplier management. An ITIL or other service management qualification would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated and proven track record of dealing with vendors and 3rd party providers and managing relationships and Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- Good all-round management and technical competence in all areas of ICT including networking, applications, databases, and infrastructure.
- Competence and exposure to VMware, Microsoft O/S, SQL/Oracle, VDI, Citrix, SAAS, Cloud technologies, Office 365 Solutions, Network technologies, Information Security, Unified Comms are especially desirable.
- ICT Services and Support Management (incl. Service Desk Support)
- Experience and awareness of information security principles, monitoring & compliance.
- Strong Prioritisation and ability to engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Strong Time Management and experience of working to tight timelines and in pressurised situations.
- Ability to work independently and with business and technical users.
- Flexible working patterns to be able to provide occasional support at evenings/weekends.
- Strong analysis, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong focus on continuous development and improvement
- Ability to manage the interface between business and ICT supply functions.
- Excellent Interpersonal, communication and presentation Skills (Excellent MS Office skills)
- Proven experience in driving down ICT costs.
- Good understanding of procurement policy and processes, ICT contacts and licensing
- Concern for order and quality with a habit of monitoring and checking