Reporting to the Analytical Functional Manager, this role will be responsible for the Immunoassay area within the Analytical Department. A team of 8-10 Analysts will report to this role.
This main duties & responsibilities shall be:
- Oversee the quality of work produced by the Immunoassay team and ensure it is conducted in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and the principles of GMP.
- To implement and supervise safe working methods within the team and to inform and instruct staff of these. Comply with all Health and Safety regulations and procedures.
- Develop, co-ordinate and implement training for staff on technical aspects of new and existing assays.
- Be involved in preparing costings and proposals based on protocols/project plan of proposed work by clients.
- Assist in the transfer of assays from clients to Analytical Services Department where appropriate.
- Participate in regulatory and client audits and liaising with clients as required.
- Assist in the generation of appropriate SOPs.
- Assist Project Leaders in research technical information for incoming new enquiries.
- Responsible for compiling audit responses in conjunction with the team and the Analytical Functional Manager.
- Responsible for supporting staff with deviations and laboratory investigation reports.
- Raw data review.
- Assist in Test Item Receipt (LIMS), Storage, Disposal and Decontamination.
- Liaise with consultants and external services (e.g. subcontract laboratories) as appropriate.
- Scheduling daily tasks to analyst, ensuring appropriate workload is not exceeded.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Immunoassay Supervisor position.
- BSc. In a relevant science discipline (e.g. Chemistry, Biochemistry or Biotechnology)
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Scientific Research preferably within a GMP regulated environment (EMEA/FDA) within the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, CRO Industry.
- Proven track record of supervising/managing staff.
- Experience in analytical techniques (e.g. ELISA, Western Blot) essential.
For a full Job Spec and to apply for this role please call Zoe on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail email@example.com
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com Tel: +353 1 2784671