Our clients are looking to recruit an Infrastructure Engineer to provide technical support for approved applications including remote communication, local area networks, PC to host computer connectivity, and office automation. The IT Infrastructure Engineer provides extensive analysis and guidance for hardware and software configurations.
- Provide Tier 2/3 support to IT Service Desk administrator.
- When assigned, co-ordinate IT Service Desk activities including the on-site support provided by third party suppliers.
- Assist with troubleshooting issues arising from IT daily monitoring and operations checks. These include Data Backup monitoring, Anti-Virus, Web / Mail, SAN, Server Hardware monitoring and patching.
- Assist with development and implementation of IT policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Contribute to and take responsibility for aspects of IT department applications, infrastructure projects and documentation of the IT infrastructure.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Infrastructure security including Mail, Desktop, Mobile devices etc
- Part of the Servicedesk and on call teams
- Complete equipment installations including loading software and running diagnostic tests
- Conduct performance evaluations and recommends necessary adjustments to the environments to ensure peak performance.
- As a departmental liaison, consult with user department personnel to explore ICT needs and to identify and define areas of user dissatisfaction; relate user needs and concerns to appropriate IT management personnel for further action/resolution.
- Continue professional and educational advancement by attending and actively participating in appropriate training sessions provided by IT vendors.
- Contribute to cost savings and operational improvement by optimising the use of installed systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent field of study preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a support or Information technology role.
- Well rounded knowledge if information and Communication Technology
- Good experience working with VmWare, Exchange 2016
- Experience of working in cloud environment