Responsible for the management oversight and monitoring of verification visits in relation to several programmes managed by our Client. Depending on business needs within the Compliance Audit and Risk (CAR) directorate, the post holder will be expected to work interchangeably across a diverse range of business areas as they relate to Client including leading on targeted interventions, specific risk cases, governance areas including policies and procedures as appropriate. They will also be required to help, contribute and provide assistance to the Early years compliance function as required.
The primary focus is to ensure that monies are spent for the purposes intended, funding is appropriately claimed in line with programme/scheme rules and that key conditions attached to the programmes, including good governance standards, are complied with. The aim is also to provide objective and constructive feedback to organisations to assist them in improving their overall governance as well as the encouragement of preventative measures internally.
They will be responsible for leading, motivating and supervising the audit/verification teams. The post holder will play a lead role in ensuring the delivery of the commitments outlined in the respective programme delivery agreements and reporting on same. A key requirement of the position is an ability to plan, ensure delivery, and escalate matters as appropriate. A high degree of flexibility is expected, as well as the ability to significantly contribute to the CAR management team, work autonomously and be solution focused.
- Management of the verification/audit unit
- Audit of Beneficiaries /Targeted audit interventions (More complex audits identified through our risk Mgt process)
- Professional Accounting qualification Required
- Proven experience as an internal or external auditor for at least 5 years
- Drivers license & provision of car for business purposes essential
- Excellent financial management experience
- Significant experience in forensic accounting or auditing grant claims