Our client is a highly successful multinational, who have experienced phenomenal growth through both organic growth and acquisitions. They are a market leader in their field. They have an internal audit role within one of their large global divisions. This role will suit an ambitious accountant who would like to fast track their career. It is envisaged that the successful candidate will move into a Financial Controller role within 1-2 years
Internal Auditor – 75% Travel
Reporting to the Divisional Financial Controller, the successful candidate will provide weekly and monthly management reporting and will visit each site location auditing current procedures and controls, suggesting improvements where necessary and enforcing best practice. Duties will include:
- Plans, executes and reports on audits / reviews assigned by the Divisional Financial Controller and Finance Director.
- Interprets policy and procedures and applies professional accounting, IT and auditing principles and standards to test and evaluate financial, IT, operational and risk management controls.
- Develops recommendations which have been agreed with management ensuring that the recommendations are realistic and achievable and cost effective and add value to the business.
- Build positive working relationships with Divisional management and the Business teams to ensure mutual understanding of the role of internal audit and work with them on business process and internal control improvements.
- Communicate with key external parties such as auditors and relevant agencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned including ad hoc projects and special investigations as deemed appropriate by the Divisional Management team.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA)
- Additional qualifications like Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) or ACL Certified Data Analyst (ACDA) an advantage
- Internal auditor within an international Group, or a Top10 trained accountant with experience auditing large multinationals
- Has the ability to strike an appropriate balance between independence and common sense.
- Risk based approach.
- Familiarity with computer aided audit techniques.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work on his / her own initiative.
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
- Able to influence and engage people at all levels across the Group.
- Credible, flexible, personable and team oriented.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Sound business judgement and an ability to be decisive.
- Clarity of thought with the ability to analyse complex business situations.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Able to work to deadlines.
- Full, clean driver licence
TRAVEL: Regular travel, mostly to Europe will be required to the Group’s overseas subsidiaries. Approx 3 weeks per month
Please forward your CV to email@example.com or call me on 01-5005983