Internal Controls Specialist
This role is to review & improve organisation wide control effectiveness through driving and delivering centralised Internal Controls function initiatives, including supporting implementation of legislative requirements for controls over financial reporting
Reports to: Internal Controls Manager
Location: Dublin, Head Office
- Develop the documentation of E2E processes, Process Maps, creation of RACMs and the identification of recommendations for remediation and improvement
- Coordinate with third party providers supporting the team, as relevant
- Contribute to delivery against legislative requirements such as the upcoming UK legislation on Controls over Financial Reporting
- Optimise functionality and use of a Global Risk & Compliance tool and contribute to implementation and testing of tool
- Assist with large systems implementations to ensure Controls are implemented at system design stage
- Monitor and update improvements trackers for process areas and update management on implementation status
- Engage with and build strong relationships with all stakeholders, both internal and external
- Plan and deliver multiple projects simultaneously
- Work closely with second and third line functions, such as Internal Audit, on control learnings
- Other related ad hoc activities, as required
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Approx. 3 years’ relevant experience
- Experience in at least one of the following:
o Big 4 practice, running Finance Transformation or Controls Programme Advisory projects
o In industry, in an Internal Controls specific role
o In a U.S. multinational, directly involved in implementing SOx requirements
- Experience in flow-charting and associated rules is essential
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously is essential
- Experience in Change Management is desirable
- Strong report writing skills
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of information as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust