Senior Technical Support Executive :
Provide 1st level technical support, service restoration, fulfilment of service requests and advice to users ensuring the maximum availability, performance and utilization of knowledge and information systems.
Follow a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem-solving to meet set standards and agreed procedures. Executes transactions as per prescribed timelines
Job duties and responsibilities
• Actively troubleshoot to identify, assess, record, resolve and/or escalate incidents and service requests ensuring they are handled within an agreed time limit, within agreed processes and in a professional and customer sensitive manner.
• To improve user confidence and being empathetic to a variety of new and experienced learners needs.
• To participate in an on-call rota, providing 24 hours, first-line support service to users.
• Update incidents with detailed and relevant information in a timely and effective manner;
• Provide updates to customers with regards to specific incidents and manage a trouble ticket through to resolution;
• Escalate an incident or troubleshoot tickets according to the company escalation processes;
• Ensure Customer Service Level Agreements are met or exceeded;
• Respond to customer enquiries in a timely and efficient manner;
• Ensure appropriate documentation of the interaction on the customer’s account in the prescribed format
• Execute transactions as per prescribed guidelines and timelines • Ensure customer/user confidentiality and data protection at all times
Mandatory requirement for experienced candidates:
· 12-18 months’ work experience in Service Desk/ Tech support process providing remote support
· Experience of working within a busy Tech Support environment, showing the experience of systems, support, diagnostic and resolution.
· Ability to Multitask
· Offering advice to end users on all IT related areas. This will include working as part of a team, in order to share knowledge and work together to increase performance standards.
· Willingness to work in rotational shifts
Skills & Knowledge
· Communicate at all levels
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· High level of interpersonal skills, including active listening and understanding
· Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize workloads.
Analytical and Problem-solving skills
· Active listening and questioning, an eye for detail to determine the root cause of the issue, to avoid repeat contacts and further effort to resolve issues
· Analytical problem solvers who will understand issues, evaluate solutions and work with their colleagues to resolve issues
· Problem solving skills and quick thinking to own & resolve issues independently, thoroughly & efficiently
· Display ownership and accountability
· Own and resolve customer issues efficiently, effectively and empathetically