Our client, a leading professional services firm, is hiring an IT Risk Associate to join their dynamic team. This role is located in Dublin. This role is a great opportunity for an individual who is seeking to progress their career. The Business Risk Services (BRS) IT Risk Associate is responsible for delivering a full range of services to clients. Responsibilities include planning and supporting, information systems audits and business process control review engagements; and assisting in client management and practice development activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work on client engagements, and support IT Risk Managers during the planning, executing and reporting of information systems audits and business process control reviews.
· Evaluate and test IT processes and IT controls and identify areas of risk.
· Apply current knowledge of IT trends and systems processes to identify security, control and risk management issues and other opportunities for improvement.
· Work with other internal teams and the client to assist in the planning of the engagement strategy, define objectives, and address technology-related controls risks and issues.
· Perform IT general controls reviews.
· Support completion of SOC 1 and SOC 2 engagements
· Communicate and report IT audit findings to senior management.
· Monitor management’s responses and implementation of agreed management actions.
· Participate in internal auditing outsourcing and co-sourcing arrangements for clients.
· Work with BRS team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during audit and review process.
· Maintain a good level of communication regarding audit progress and results.
· Maintain a good working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform BRS services.
· Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
· Assist partners and senior management on proposals and business development calls.
· Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Third-level education (Ideally Bachelor's degree in Information Technology)
· Understanding of IT frameworks, standards and best practice such as COBIT, ISO27001, NIST, ITIL etc.
· Knowledge of IT general controls, IT infrastructure models, security risks and protection approaches
· Exposure to Business Continuity Management implementation is an advantage
· Familiar with Windows server features/role such as AD, Group Policy, DHCP, AD CS, RDS etc.
· Exposure to ISO27001/ SoX / SOC reviews
· 2 years of experience at working in a technical roll as an IT consultant, IS consultant, System admin, Information Security or as an IS Auditor
· Areas of knowledge should include the following: access control software, security architecture and administration, Internet use/firewalls, network security awareness and enforcement, security policies and standards, operating systems (Windows Servers, UNIX, Linux, AS400), Databases (SQL, Oracle)
· Knowledge of auditing/reviewing complex ERP systems including SAP, Oracle etc.
· Exceptional client service and communication skills
· Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
· Excellent analytical, organisational and project management skills
· Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel on a regular basis to clients as required
· Flexible, self-motivated, self-directed, able to work both as a team member and independently
Preferred Skills and Experience:
· Professional qualifications such as CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, CCSP, AWS/Google/Azure Cloud certifications is an advantage.
If you have a genuine passion for IT Risk and want to work alongside some of the industries most talented individuals, this is the role for you.
You will be rewarded with a strong remuneration package and excellent career progression opportunities within an innovative, forward-thinking organisation.
Please apply now and we will be in touch to arrange a confidential discussion.