Strong collaboration and communications with other technical and business teams, as well as with stakeholders, is paramount. This role requires close coordination with other technology leads, third-party vendors and internal business teams across the breath of the organization.
Key responsibilities include working with the business and IT teams to plan and deliver solutions in-line with the strategic direction of the global Finance team and the broader organization. The IT Lead ensures there is sufficient process expertise and technical know-how in place to successfully deliver solutions that adhere to RenRe standards and quality guidelines.
• Manages the end-to-end delivery of ERP and Corporate Finance applications, including major upgrades/releases and implementation of future-state platforms
• Provides hands-on skills and expertise with the platform to deliver on specific initiatives in support of the strategic goals of the global Finance and IT organizations
• Leads and participates in Finance projects to support optimized business processes, applications, security, data integration and business intelligence/reporting
• Leads a team of full-time and consulting resources to provide ongoing support of ERP and related reporting and analysis tools and platforms
• Understands the financial accounting business function, the environment in which it operates and the role it plays within the broader organization
• Brings deep expertise in the D365 Finance (F&O/AX) product suite and related technologies
• Ensures solutions are designed, developed, enhanced and tested in accordance with business and technical requirements, ensuring that development work adheres to standards and controls
• Works with IT Portfolio Managers to define and prioritize the portfolio of Finance IT projects and objectives to ensure a deep understanding of requirements, timelines and outcomes
• Provides people management for a small team.
• Ability to manage third-party vendor relationships in either consulting or managed services capacities
• Ensures compliance with corporate, regulatory and IT governance practices to ensure that the risk management and audit processes are integrated into the Finance business systems culture
• Coordinates with IT security and infrastructure to ensure all IT solutions for the Finance business systems are implemented and maintained in accordance with a documented and robust controls framework and product delivery life cycle
• Works closely with IT Project Managers to plan resourcing and delivery for key IT projects, providing regular status updates and issue escalation to business and IT stakeholders
• Ability to work across business areas and bring together multidiscipline teams in support of shared delivery objectives
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Undergraduate university degree essential, with emphasis on business, finance and accounting; an advanced degree advantageous
• A minimum of five years of recent experience with full lifecycle ERP and/or EPM systems development (analysis, architecture, design, development, testing, and deployment)
• Ability to organize multidiscipline teams across departments, including third-party contractors
• Demonstrated experience managing a team of resources to implement IT solutions in support of business objectives
• Proven experience implementing, supporting and managing D365 Finance (F&O/AX) or equivalent ERP systems in complex environments
• Demonstrated project and people management skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
This is a fast-paced business environment, demanding a strong work ethic and a results-oriented approach.