IT Technician - Galway
Our client a leading MNC within the Medical Device industry seeks to hire a talented IT technician for an initial 12-month contract to provide on-site technical support and to be the PC specialist for their operations in Galway.
· Be the PC specialist in our Galway location.
· Responsible for assisting our Technicians on all PC troubleshooting / optimisation activities.
· Manage PC servers, network troubleshooting, PC build / replacements, PC security management (anti-virus / patching).
· Strong and proven history in PC build (installing windows, installing applications, installing pc cards, etc).
· Strong and proven history in PC troubleshooting (windows errors, PC Hardware, hard-drives, motherboards, etc)
· Excellent knowledge of Windows PC troubleshooting tools.
· Strong working knowledge of pc network architecture
· Experience in Server setup and maintenance
· Strong experience in PC Anti-virus / Patching
· Experience in PC Backup and recovery (Acronis imaging)
· Experience in PC Virtualisation would be a strong advantage
· Experience in PC software would be an advantage (e.g.: Visual Basic, SQL, etc).
· 3 years minimum in a similar role.
This role operates on a 3-day work week with the obligation to work every second Sunday.
· Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, 12 hours, 7am-7pm and working every second Sunday.
There is an attractive Salary package on offer, and this is a great opportunity to establish a career with an industry leader in the Medical Device industry.
For an immediate interview please forward your CV using the apply button