The Laboratory Supervisor, along with Senior and Junior laboratory analysts will be responsible for the development and validation of new viral and mycoplasma methods for clients, execution of routine validated Biosafety Assays and for the day to day running of the laboratory. All new roles will be involved in both the culture of cells and in performing the end-point analysis e.g. CPE, plaque assay, DNA staining, etc.
- Supervision and training of Senior and Technical Analysts (direct reports)
- Coordinate routine testing and reporting to clients
- Establishment of Test Method SOPs and validation of methods.
- Complete understanding off all regulatory guidelines.
- Coordinate internal/client/regulatory authorities audits of the laboratory area.
- Liaise with the Quality Department for the generation of all departmental quality documents including audit responses, facility replies and deviation reports.
- Lead laboratory investigations where necessary.
- Responsible for reporting progress information to Management.
- Generation of GMP compliant SOPs, Protocols and reports.
- Minimum of MSc (PhD desired) in a relevant science discipline (e.g. Cell Biology/Virology).
- 3+ years’ experience of working in a fast paced GMP Lab.
- Experience in cell culture essential with excellent aseptic technique, ideally in antibiotic free conditions.
- Experience in method development and method validation highly desirable.
- Must be able to work as part of a broader team with QA, QC, Validations, Procurement, etc.
- Excellent communication skills. Problem solver.
- Experience of managing people preferable.
- Ability to deal with people at all levels including internal and external clients.