Job title: Laboratory Lead Scientist
Salary: £54k - £63k
Are you an experienced Lead Scientist/Senior Scientist looking for a leadership role within a biomedical laboratory?
Your responsibilities will include:
- Setting the professional standards within the Laboratory.
- Establishing appropriate objectives and policies in conjunction with the General Manager, Clinical lead and other scientific colleagues.
- Holding responsibility for ensuring appropriateness, timeliness and quality of the COVID-19 testing service in compliance with external standards.
- Acting as the Line Manager for all scientific and technical staff, including performing appraisal reviews and implementing staffing procedures.
The successful applicant will have;
- Substantial experience of laboratory management, including budget, training and supervising staff.
- MSc in Biomedical Science/Medical Microbiology.