Lead Manufacturing Biotech Associate
Meath Dublin Border
Permanent role - shift
Are you looking or a role that will broaden your experience across upstream, downstream and fill finish.
Do you want to enhance your career prospects and hold a minimum of 4-5 years in a similar role? The Lead Manufacturing Biotech Associate role is the most Senior technical role on the shift team with development opportunities for people management if desired.
This individual, being the most senior member of the shift suite operations team, will take ownership of the direct activities occurring within a suite. The lead Biotech Associate will act as point person for the progression of the batch, liaising with the Manufacturing shift lead and shift engineer on team delivery throughout the shift. The role will involve project management and problem solving of issues as they occur and also SME involvement in new projects on behalf of Manufacturing, training and development of new employees and ensuring the operations area is at the standard required.
What you will do:
· The production of biologic drug substance on your designated shift and act as a coach and a technical point of contact for others on the shift team, acting as a key liaison for the manufacturing shift lead for ongoing operations in a process area.
· Trouble shooting and problem solving in conjunction with the ability to lead the work teams in their processing area.
· The progression of an automated recipe using paperless technology in order to generate the drug substance through inoculation and cell culturing activities leading to filtration and purification of the product.
· Setting up the single use equipment between runs, carrying out the production process according to world class GMP and EHS principles and driving to optimise and improve the processing activities through use of standard work and lean processing techniques.
· Act as a coach or mentor to one’s peers on specific unit operations as required to support the value stream
· Lead and sponsor approved projects and continuous improvement initiatives that are in alignment with the site strategies.
· Act as primary delegate for the manufacturing shift lead during emergency events.
What skills you will need:
· Minimum of a Bachelors Level 8 degree in a technical, engineering or science based discipline or equivalent
· At least 5 years’ experience in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry desirable, (preferably both) or equivalent.
· Leadership Skills – demonstrated ability to lead and achieve outstanding results.
· Proven record of accomplishments in a regulated industry, thorough knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and general technical and biologic operations understanding required.
· Ability to think logically and be proactive under pressure.
· Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative in a constructive manner.
For a confidential discussion, please reach out to Aisling Murray on 087 4671309 or at email@example.com