Lead Mechanical Engineer
Must have valid work permit or Visa for Ireland. Stamp 4 or EU passport. (No visa sponsorship offered with this role).
Experience should include:
- Pharmaceutical / Biopharmaceutical / Hitech Industrial & Data Center Design, Build & Commission. Clean room experience.
- Experience in Basic, Detailed and Design Experience including Value Engineering and production of Shop Drawings, As Built Drawings & BIM Model Update for Mechanical Plant, Process, Static, Rotating Equipment and Building Services/HVAC/Clean Rooms in a Pharmaceutical/Bio Pharmaceutical Environment including stress analysis and generation of ISOMETRICS. Etc.
- Must have experience in BIM LOD400 including Interface & Space Management with other Collaboration Professionals
- Experience in Design, Coordination
- Capable of quickly familiarizing with all Client standards, specifications and other FDA regulations.
- Experience in setting out and executing FAT/SAT Criteria of Major Equipment/Systems
- Manage the Design, Procurement & Construction Activities in line with CGMP
- Perform design reviews and coordination of the Design with the BIM Module and Module Fabrication Teams
- Coordination with other disciplines and site contractors.
- Effectively delegate tasks and work activities to BIM and mechanical engineers, piping team and acting as mentor to junior engineers.
- Perform and aid in Constructability reviews with client and commissioning teams.
- Complete designs allowing for Commissionability of systems in line with project commissioning plan.
- Perform and Implement Value Engineering in the Optimisation of Design and Project Construction & Commissioning Delivery
- strong and effective reporting skills
- Familiar with Design & Construction Best Practice in Safety (PSDS & PSCS)
- Be Quality driven in terms of efficient and Quality Compliance in accordance to Best Practice in CGMP
- Have a Proactive Lean and Modularised Approach to Implement Engineering in accordance with overall Project Management Plan
- Proactive solution Driven approach to Coordination, Interface Collaboration with other Project delivery Collaboration Stakeholders (Client, Architects, Engineers, Supply Chain, etc.)
- Set out Technical Performance Criteria for Plant, Equipment & Systems and perform Technical Performance Evaluations against Specification, regulations and Codes for the Project in order to meet the Operational Plant, System Performance Criteria and Warranty Requirements
- Prepare shop drawings, Isometrics for constriction and installation work for Plant & Distribution Systems for :
- Steam Generation (Boiler)
- Cooling Water Systems (Cooling Tower)
- Chilled Water Systems (Chiller)
- Compressed Air System (Air Compressor)
- Liquid Nitrogen Distribution System
- LPHW System
- Potable/Non Potable / Hot Water / Safety Shower Systems
- Chemical Dosing Systems
- Diesel Generators
- Waste Systems (Bio / Waste Neutralisation / Process Waste)
- Familiar Ireland local design standard and regulation
- Candidate must have Commercial Awareness & Change Management
- Ability to Facilitate, Manage and Collaborate with Client. Project Team and Supply Chain
- Dealing with Major Electrical System Vendors and Manufacturers
- Familiar with Smart 3D Design BIM Tools such as REVIT, Navisworks and other Mechanical & Process & Utility Plant, Pipe Distribution Systems & HVAC System Design Tools including for Pipe stress analysis such as CAESAR, Hevacomp, etc.
- Career Aspiration in being instrumental in a Vibrant and technologically driven Work environment
- Committed to the Realisation of Digital Transformation of 3D - 8 D and nD & Beyond ideology in the Engineering & Project Management Method, Delivery and Work Practices in the engineering World
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree / Professionally Qualified
- Advantage to have Professional Credentials such as Chartership, PMP, etc.
- Candidate must have experience and knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices regulations of US FDA and EMA, WHO, etc.
- Must be familiar with Irish & International Mechanical & Building Services Codes and Standards (CIBSE, ASHRAE, etc.)
- Familiar with ANSI, AMSE standards
- Familiar with Irish Environmental Code, Regulations and Standards
- English Language Essential
- 10 –15 Years’ Experience and at least 7-10 years relevant Pharmaceutical experience in Ireland