Learning & Development Specialist/Trainer
Reporting to: Learning & Development Lead
Desk / Dept Specific: Learning & Development Department
The Learning & Development Specialist/Trainer is accountable for the design and delivery of all appropriate L&D solutions and training for employees and management enhancement and development within the Covalen @ Client program. They will ensure enhancement & development training is provided for employee development. They will be responsible for management new role on boarding, enhancement & development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creation, implementation and delivery of new & existing training solutions, content, policies & procedures for employee and management development.
- End to end ownership of both planning and execution responsibilities for assigned projects, including planning, design, delivery of various product and tool training programs.
- Creation and execution of closed-loop feedback mechanisms to determine the efficiency and impact of the project.
- Working with diverse stakeholders to conduct organisational, departmental and individual ongoing training needs analysis and design training solutions accordingly.
- Identification of trends and areas of development opportunity to drive continuous improvement.
- Responsible for ensuring all required staff have the required knowledge once training is rolled out and complete.
- Ensure training solutions are in place for the succession planning and development of employees towards management roles.
- Point of contact and advisory to operations on employee enhancement & development.
- Produce standard and ad-hoc training reports as needed.
- L&D knowledge expert for operational & support function management.
- Review measurement tools, metrics and feedback to gauge the effectiveness of training.
- Work with and deploy learning solutions via our internal learning management system for the site.
- Required to be flexible in their working and adaptable to a range of activities in any given day.
- required to have flexible working hours where needed.
- This position may involve domestic & international travel to company events, conferences, clients and Covalen locations.
The suitable candidate must have a deep rooted passion for delivering success. The suitable candidate will have formidable experience and working knowledge of:
- Strong ability for planning and scheduling and working towards deadlines
- Comprehensive knowledge of Learning and Development frameworks
- Uses data to advance ideas and influence others. Strong organizational skills to keep projects focused and on track.
- Ability to work independently, take on large amounts of responsibility and condense a variety of strong opinions in a dynamic environment.
- Communication & interpersonal skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Presentation skills
- People Management
- Passion for developing others & self
- Flexible and innovative
- High level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative and commitment
- At least 1 year experience in a management role with training experience and/or minimum 2 years’ experience in an L&D position
- Previous experience in mentoring/coaching/active CPP mentor an advantage
- Qualification in Learning and Development highly desirable
- Strong communication skills in English language (both written and verbal)
- Have strong people management skills with a proven record of delivering and transferring knowledge to others via training.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively; must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and execute decisions with good judgment and discretion
- Have a proven track record in providing developmental feedback, mentoring and one to one coaching, up to and including management level.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in a rapidly changing environment and across multiple teams.
- Be capable of analysing data and recognizing trends and themes, and able to use experience to relate to the real environment.
- Experience with developing content for virtual or self-paced learning solutions, virtual communities, performance support tools, self-assessments, videos, and curated micro learning.