This is a unique opportunity to join the dynamic Irish operation of a diversified global financial services group. They have an entrepreneurial and flexible culture, and are experiencing impressive growth. This role offers strong career progression, and the opportunity to work within a global legal team.
Reporting to the Head of Legal and Compliance, the successful candidate will support fund services and funds under management. Duties will include:
- Ongoing legal review of fund documentation, including prospectus, supplements, KIIDs and agreements for new fund approval or amendments to existing funds.
- Liaising with the Central Bank of Ireland, as well as the appointed legal counsel to the UCITS Funds and AIFs under management, on legal matters including new fund approval, amendments to funds, and updates to meet the requirements for regulatory changes (eg, ESG).
- Managing the process of instructing external legal counsel across various projects.
- Drafting and negotiating fund contracts, including management, investment management, distribution, administration and depositary agreements.
- Providing legal advice and guidance in relation to compliance and corporate governance matters.
- Working and coordinating projects with group legal function and the global marketing and business development teams, including new fund launches and group initiatives.
- Managing the process of registration of UCITS for marketing in other jurisdictions with the appointed registration agent.
- Overseeing the duties and obligations as described in the Programme of Operations including dealing with the appointed designated persons with responsibility for the designated functions/ OE director.
- Maintaining and enhancing the framework and reporting structure for regular compliance reporting to senior management and the Boards of Directors.
- Attending and participating at monthly and quarterly board meetings, as well as quarterly catch-ups with various investment managers.
- Liaising with the Head of Operations to ensure all regulatory correspondence is approved and ONR reporting is completed accordingly.
- Reviewing KIID Documentation including annual and ad hoc updates.
- Working with the appointed Company Secretary, including board meeting/pack preparation, liaising with report providers and board members
- Keeping abreast of all regulatory changes and providing advice to Senior Management on corporate governance matters on a regular basis.
- Opportunity to attend / speak at relevant industry and networking events
- Other duties that may be assigned to ensure the company meets its objectives and obligations.
- Qualified lawyer- Irish qualification
- Relevant experience working within an Asset Management/Investment Funds team at a law firm, or inhouse at Management Company or Fund Administrator
- Excellent technical knowledge of the relevant legal and regulatory landscape including relevant Central Bank of Ireland requirements.
- Prior experience liaising with the Central Bank an advatage
- Knowledge of international regulation and experience with an international client base an advantage
- Experience presenting to senior management and board of director level
- Excellent client relationship management and development skills.
- Experience and willingness to attend relevant industry networking events.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Client orientated and able to see the bigger picture and adopt a commercial, solutions focused approach.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 01-5005983