Now is the Time – Cleaner
You’ve been thinking about a new job for a while, but the pandemic stopped you moving forward, right?
You’ve thought about a new role that better meets your needs? A Job with better pay, benefits, flexibility, and prospects but so far haven’t done anything about it?
82% of our candidates recently polled are considering changing jobs in 2022. This ties in with a recent Survey by Jobsite who have found that 3 in 4 candidates are considering a career move in the new year.
CPL are currently recruiting a Cleaner
as part a nation- wide public body contract.
Hours Mon-Sat 13.5hrs per week
Salary £9.86 per/hr
Location - Tullycarnet Library
This a temporary role
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the appropriate Line Manager:
- Sweep, suction clean, mop, dry buff, spray clean, spray wax, machine scrub and dry, strip and re-polish floors using appropriate equipment.
- Clean and remove stains of soft floor surfaces (carpets/matting) using the appropriate cleaning method.
- Clean toilet and shower area including the fixtures and fittings.
- Clean, wash and dust ledges, wall, fixtures, fittings and internal surfaces up to 3.35M. Polishing furniture, where appropriate.
- Empty and clean internal litter bins and remove litter to the designated collection points.
- All duties must be carried out to comply with:
- The Health and Safety at Work (NI) Order 1978;
- Acts of Parliament, Statutory Instruments and Regulations and other legal requirements;
- The COSHH Regulations;
- Codes of Practice.
- All duties will be carried out in the working conditions normally inherent in the particular job.
- Cover colleagues on sick leave in line with Libraries NI procedure.
- Absence must be reported in line with Libraries NI Procedure and the relevant forms must be completed and signed by the Building Supervisor.
- When carrying out cleaning duties protective clothing or work issued wear must be worn.
- Flat-soled enclosed –toe footwear should be worn when carrying out cleaning duties.
- Any cleaning equipment issued must be used and cared for in an appropriate and safe manner, with any defects being reported immediately.
- All necessary paperwork must be completed.
- Duties will be carried out for jobs up to and including those in the same grade, provided such duties are within the competence of the employee.
1. Cleaning experience outside the home environment.
2. Ability to work as part of a team.
3. Willing to undertake necessary training.