Our client has an urgent requirement for a M&A/Corporate Accountant to join their growing team.
Job Title: Deals Manager – M&A
Department: Corporate Development
The Deals Manager is responsible for supporting the execution of investments made across the Group. The role is a direct report to the Transactions Director who works with colleagues in Ireland and other Company markets to execute transactions on behalf of certain group entities.
Based in Dublin, the role supports the transactions execution of early-stage investments made through The Group as well as group M&A projects.
The role also involves providing support to other corporate development activity within the Company. The successful candidate will have access to further career development opportunities within the Group.
The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of the financial, tax and legal workstreams within transactions and has a keen interest in M&A and/or venture capital.
Role Responsibilities (Overview)
• Support the Transactions Director, in the execution of investments & transactions including review of legal documentation.
• Support the overall & transaction processes from beginning to end including agreement of terms, valuation, due diligence and transaction closing.
• Financial evaluation of investment opportunities identified by the MHV & Marketplaces teams.
• Review & input into transaction and associated legal documentation.
• Preparation of financial forecast models including sensitivity analysis, valuations and investment returns
• Preparation of, and contribution to board and investment committee materials for presentation to key stakeholders.
• Coordinate and attend meetings and interactions with external advisors.
• Liaise with colleagues across the Group in different geographic markets.
• Participation in ad-hoc projects and initiatives.
Experience & Qualifications (Minimum Experience & Essential Knowledge)
• ACA, ACCA or other similar professional, financial qualification or equivalent experience.
• At least 2 years’ experience working within a Deals/Corporate Finance/Investment environment.
• Experience in preparation of financial models supporting investment decisions.
• Familiarity with transaction and investment legal documentation & processes.
• Familiarity with valuation methodologies and sources of supporting data.
• Proficient user of Microsoft Excel with excellent financial modelling skills
• Proficient user of Microsoft PowerPoint with ability to prepare high-quality presentations.
• Strong financial literacy with a commercial mindset
• Strong work ethic and drive with a high degree of self-discipline and motivation
• Capable of working to tight deadlines
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Capable of managing multiple projects with different stakeholders
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Customer and Market Focus
• Learning Agility
For more information, please contact [email protected]