My client a world leading company in medical device is seeking a Machine Technician for their east Galway site within their manufacturing department.
• Ability to work to specific deadlines and ensure that daily production targets are met and / or exceeded.
• Complete documentation to in house standards, be compliant with all in house procedures and ensure all relevant personnel are compliant with same.
• Evaluate, recommend, and implement measures, which result in continuous improvement. in production methods, equipment performance, product quality and integrity and efficiency.
• Ensure General Operatives are trained in line with company policies and procedures.
• Assist in the revision of Work Instructions, SOP’s and other documentation as appropriate.
• Support the training of new employees.
• Resolve any technical problems that may affect production. Focus on day-to-day issues, line efficiency, quality issues, and safety. Report issues immediately to Team / Line Lead and Quality.
• Ensure efficient daily set up for manufacturing of key piece of equipment.
• Maintenance of the machine, daily, weekly, monthly programs.
• Responsibility for scheduling and managing maintenance on all machine items.
• Responsibility of maintenance of all machine related items.
• Be a key player in resolving yield issues (e.g., determining root cause, implementing corrective action, and preventative action).
• Follow all health, safety & environmental rules and procedures and participate in safety and environmental activities in order to improve the workplace for all employees.
• Maintaining an accurate inventory count at all times on all relevant machine parts.
• Liaising and assisting with Operations and Quality in relation to alternative projects.
• Maintaining a satisfactory level of tooling equipment.
• Report to the Manufacturing Team Lead.
• At least 3 years hands on experience in a GMP manufacturing position.
• Experienced in set up and smooth operation of material handling machinery.
• Must be strong in both development and implementation skills.
• Strong mechanical knowledge.
• Strong communications skills.
• Strong quality ethos.
For an immediate interview please forward your CV using the apply button
Or call Megan Warr on 085 8019023 for a confidential conversation