We are currently working with one or Northern Irelands largest manufacturing companies who are looking to add a maintenance fitter to their team. They operate across the UK and Ireland, serving global markets.
Working as part of the maintenance team and reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, duties to include preventative maintenance on machinery/equipment as well as responding to emergency machine breakdowns throughout both of their Newry sites.
- Monday – Thursday 08.15 – 17.15 & Friday 08.15 – 13.15
- Overtime is also available paid at time and a half and double time.
- Support the manufacturing processes by reducing downtime on equipment
- Assist with continuous improvement projects
- Maintain/overhaul/repair of all plant and equipment ensuring that they are safe, working efficiently and fit for purpose
- Actively promote safe working practices
- Maintain work area in a clean and safe condition and comply with all relevant Health and Safety requirements
- Comply with the relevant requirements of our ISO 9001: ISO 14001: ISO 50001 standards
- Comply with the Company’s rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Must be qualified fitter having completed a recognised apprenticeship in mechanical fitting
- Have a sound knowledge of hydraulics/pneumatics/MIG welding
- Have ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings