Maintenance Manager, Hospital Mayo
Salary; 50,000 to 60,000
Duration 3 to 6 months
Deputy Position has potential for long term and permanency
You will manage a multidisciplinary maintenance team of circa 18-20 comprising of administrative, trades / technical, general operatives as well as vendors / subcontractors
Duties will include:
- Day to day running of the technical services, reactive M&E facilities team of the building and its parimaters: roads, pathways, grounds, buildings, plant and equipment.
- Manage existing contracts maintenance service contracts, planned preventative maintenance programmes
- Advise on the maintenance requirements of new projects (at briefing stage, design stage, construction stage and commissioning / handover stage)
- Preparation of annual Buildings and Maintenance Plans to include: preventative maintenance; Minor Capital; Major Capital; Energy Management
- Manage the procurement and execution of projects
- Permit to work systems, ensure contractors comply with all requirements
- Compile reports, estimates, specifications and drawings
- Ensure all documentation of services and plant are maintained and filed accordingly
- Develop specifications for tender as required
- Manage the planning, supervising and control of work programmes including the supervising of the time-keeping, attendance, productivity and the quality of work and competency of staff under your control
- Carry out risk assessments (including infrastructural risks);
- Manage budgetary performance for the Buildings and Maintenance department; budgetary submissions for infrastructural risks works, new developments, business cases for change in delivering the service or additional services being added
- Approval of invoices and batch payment certificates
- Manage and prioritise maintenance needs within the assigned budget and prepare estimates for annual planned and reactionary maintenance work programmes
- Present financial reports on a regular basis to the cost containment or other committees or managers as required.
To be considered for these positions you will have
- A third level qualification to a minimum standard of a Higher Certificate (QQI) (Level 6) in a building discipline or relevant engineering discipline.
- or fully served Trade apprenticeship of not less than four years
- Have 5 years post qualification/ apprenticeship (electrical or mechanical or similar) experience of maintaining industrial and domestic type buildings, of which 2 years’ experience must be in the management of a maintenance team.
- Demonstrate experience of implementing Planned Maintenance Programmes
- Demonstrate experience of working with specialist & essential building services systems and technologies, e.g. back-up generators, UPS units, AHU’s, water treatment systems etc.
- In-depth knowledge of electro mechanical services found in a large hospital facility
- Experience of managing budgets and accounts
- Ability to plan and organise maintenance and minor development workS