My client, a global medical device company in Offaly, is recruiting for a Maintenance Technician.
This permanent position will report into the Technical Manager and will work night shifts. Great benefits and salary package (including shift allowance)
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for providing a maintenance service to production
machinery and will ensure that all works follow the GMP requirements at the highest safety and
In this role you will be responsible for
· Performs routine and preventive maintenance on production equipment and systems.
· Troubleshoot and repair, complex electromechanical production equipment and systems.
· Strong electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills.
· Experience of computer-based maintenance systems.
· Will need to be able to perform under pressure and prioritize workload accordingly.
· Familiar with installing/testing PNP/NPN sensors or various types.
· Experience working with some or all of the following systems, Pneumatic, PLC, Hydraulic, Vision, Laser, and chiller Systems.
· Experience of working on Inverter, Stepper and Servo motor control systems.
· Observe all cGMP practices.
· Orders inventory items, stocks parts, and records transactions in inventory database.
· Calibrates, adjusts, and repairs processing equipment
· Ability to extract relevant data from equipment instruction manuals
· Flexible towards overtime as required.
· Makes repairs and modifications in accordance to national and local building, electrical, and safety codes to assure regulatory compliance for a medical facility
Specific Training and Experience:
· Suitable candidates should possess a third level degree in Mechanical Engineering or Science Discipline (Manufacturing, Quality, or Packaging Technology) or have an apprenticeship in Mechanics
· Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment working on PLC/computer controlled equipment.
· Previous industrial experience in packaging/converting/injection molding or Medical Device/Pharma industries is desirable
· Project leadership skills and experience desirable
· AutoCAD experience desirable.
· Computer literate (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, Email)
For a full Job Spec and to apply for this role please call Zoe on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail email@example.com
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com Tel: +353 1 2784671