• Strong Mechanical background with hands on experience with electrical and mechanical instrumentation.
• Experience in equipment troubleshooting and hands- on maintenance.
Pneumatics, Electronics, Hydraulics, Programmable Controllers, Servo Motor drives, Vision systems or workshop machining desirable.
• Yield Management - Ability to manage yield on an hour by hour basis and analyse trends and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Problem Solving – Formal problem solving is desirable. Strong mechanical problem solving skills essential. Follow systematic root cause problem solving and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
• Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance, completing all associated paperwork and records.
• Experience in a Healthcare medical device manufacturing environment highly desirable.
• Microsoft office proficient – Able to analyse data in Excel and draw logical conclusions.
• Communication skills. Ability to explain an issue and communicated the path forward toward resolution.
• Team work - Ability to work with Operators & as part of a Core Production team.
• Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting, standardising and improving existing production methods and procedures.
• Assist ME’s in investigating and implementing new production methods.
• Assist ME’s in design methods, part sourcing and documentation.
• Design, specify, manufacture, test and document production equipment, changes and improvements
• Take responsibility for preventative maintenance procedures with an assigned process or area.
• Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager.
• Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
• Requires a Leaving Certificate level education and NCEA Certificate / Diploma in Mechanical / Production / Manufacturing / Mechatronics Engineering and / or Senior Trades.
• 3 + years experience in a modern manufacturing environment with previous experience in hands- on maintenance on a production line. Experience on spray coating/ catheters machine maintenance a huge advantage.
• Proven experience in process improvements including computer aided tooling / fixture design, build and implementation.
• Ability to work on own with minimum supervision.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.