My client is recruiting for an Accountant to join their team in Belfast. Joining an organisation who play a critical role to the development and safe operation of the electricity transmission grid in Northern Ireland, the accountant will play an important role in ensuring timely and accurate financial information is produced. This is a premier organisation who offer a challenging yet collaborative and team-orientated work environment where high performance, knowledge and continual development are supported.
The Finance Department is responsible for the provision of timely and insightful financial information to the Board and to Management. It also has responsibility for the ongoing development of the company’s internal control procedures and financial information system to fulfil regulatory and statutory requirements.
Responsibilities will include
- Supporting with regulatory reporting requirements to the Northern Ireland Authority for Utility Regulation,
- Reviewing the monthly financial accounts,
- Annual budgeting and on-going forecasting
- Month end financial report for the Financial Controller to review
- Preparing, annual statutory and regulatory accounts
- Participate in the annual internal and external audit processes
- Report on development projects to project managers on a regular basis
You will be a qualified accountant, with a minimum of 1 year experience within a fast-paced finance department. You will be able to work well under pressure and to strict deadlines. You will have strong analytical skills and attention to detail with an ability to organise and work with large volumes of data. You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and working knowledge of IFRS and local GAAP reporting requirements.
For further details please apply directly below or call Darrach Teague on 02890725622