Diligent is the pioneer in modern governance. We empower leaders to turn governance into a competitive advantage through unparalleled insight and highly secure, integrated SaaS applications, helping organizations thrive and endure in today’s complex, global landscape. The largest global network of corporate directors and executives, Diligent is relied on by more than 19,000 organizations and nearly 700,000 leaders in over 90 countries. With award-winning customer service, Diligent serves more than 50% of the Fortune 1000, 70% of the FTSE 100, and 65% of the ASX. Our passionate, smart, and creative group of more than 1,000 employees support customers around the globe.
The Manager of Sales Development is responsible for leading and directly managing our Sales Development team. This is the perfect role for an ambitious Manager who is excited by the prospect of providing hands on leadership to the team, whilst balancing the achievement of team targets within region by providing guidance and expertise on prospecting and lead qualification methodologies.
The Sales Development team are tasked with prospecting, lead qualification and setting up appointments for the Sales team to pursue and ultimately sign new clients. This is a great role for a passionate Manager looking for the autonomy to help grow the business with a solution-oriented and analytical approach.
- Partner with the Marketing team regularly to ensure the appropriate number of leads are being delivered.
- Proactively identify which campaigns are working, and not working.
- Manage a team of Sales Development Representatives, driving career growth through effective mentoring and coaching.
- Provide excellent leadership and inspire the team to achieve and exceed their goals
- Create and maintain and outbound strategy for setting meetings not driven by Marketing.
- Monitor all sales leads and opportunities between Diligent brands to ensure duplicate sales opportunities do not occur.
- Maintain all Salesforce reports to ensure leads are being followed up on in a timely manner and conversion rates are at an appropriate level.
- Play an active role in the recruitment and onboarding of new Sales Development Representatives.
- Manage and organize allocation of team attendance at conferences/meetings.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- 1-2 years+ experience in Sales and Sales Development, including proven success with managing teams.
- A demonstrated understanding of sales processes and building outbound Sales Development models.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate unique proposition of the product and obtain product knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with senior level executives.
- Excellent presentation skills both verbally and written.
- High energy with a positive attitude.
- Has achieved results in a competitive and metrics driven environment.