Our client seeks a Managing Director to join its authorised entity in Cork as the company expands its activities, focusing on asset management. Reporting to the Group CEO, this person will be the Company’s PCF-8 and will be appointed to the Firm’s Board of Directors
The ideal candidate:
This role will suit a dynamic, commercially minded person keen to be part of the company’s success and growth. Collaborative with a hands-on approach with excellent organisational, business development and leadership skills. Technically the right candidate will have a regulatory/compliance experience, finance background, PCF, trading and operations with an understanding of risk and risk control.
The Managing Director will be required to:
- Develop and execute business strategic objectives to attain the goals of the Firm, Board and shareholders
- Prepare and implement business plans to ensure cost-efficient operations and activities
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction and assist in the monitoring and continuous improvement of every area of the Firm’s operations
- Oversee the company’s financial performance aligned to shareholder expectations
- Develop finance and organisational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations
- Supervise the work of the management team and employees, providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance
- Oversee all reporting of financial, risk, operational and regulatory information internally, to the Board of Directors and external parties, including the regulator
- Act as a public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile
- Communicate and maintain relationships with shareholders, business partners and regulatory authorities
- Oversee the activities of the Firm’s control functions, aligned to regulatory requirements, industry guidelines and risk management framework
· An undergraduate degree in economics, finance, math's, engineering or a related discipline
· A postgraduate, accounting or industry qualification
· Proven experience in a Managing Director/ CFO/COO role or similar at a regulated financial services company
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint is essential
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans
- Compelling financial, analytical, and reporting skills along with business acumen
· Strong experience/ understanding of:
o Board and regulatory engagement.
o Market changes and forces that influence the company.
· Experience working:
o in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
o within an international environment.
o within a regulated environment required.