Manufacturing & Instrumentation Manager
Must have valid work permit or Visa for Ireland. Stamp 4 or EU passport. (No visa sponsorship offered with this role).
Our Medtech client in Sligo is seeking a Manufacturing & Instrumentation Manager to join their team in Sligo.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
• To provide a Technical Engineering service to the plant, in order to maximize the availability of manufacturing and test equipment and an appropriate working environment for operations and personnel.
• To develop the Technical Engineering team with the emphasis on continuous operational improvements and employee development.
• To manage the day-to-day maintenance and upkeep of the manufacturing equipment and instruments.
• To manage and coordinate engineering projects.
• Establish with the Site Services manager the department goals, schedules and timetables for activities.
• Manage relevant departmental/project budgets within target and implement CIP/BEx projects as required.
• Ensure safety standards are met and safe working practices are adhered to.
• Recommend/Implement improvement to standards and foster a culture of continuous improvement in safety.
• Ensure the department meets the Quality requirements of its customers, ADD, ISO/EN, auditors and other external agencies by ensuring adherence to the required policies and procedures.
• Develop monthly (or otherwise) departmental metrics and management reports.
• Development of succession and cross training plans for department.
• Plan, implement and manage all major engineering projects including validation activities, RCE documentation etc. as required.
• Monitor and control plant construction activities and provide necessary support.
• Liaison with local authorities as required (County & Borough Councils, IDA, etc).
Manufacturing Engineering/Instrument Engineering:
• Manage and support the manufacturing and instrument engineering groups in ensuring that manufacturing, laboratory and test equipment is maintained to meet the required legal, divisional and corporate standards.
• Support continuous improvement activities directed towards improving the performance of manufacturing lines and improving product quality.
• Ensure the timely completion of preventive maintenance in accordance with all relevant safety and quality procedures.
• Implementation of all relevant policies relating to Personnel, Quality, Engineering and Safety.
EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES:
• Third level qualification in Engineering or related discipline, to provide the foundation necessary to understand engineering principles and develop on-going engineering skills.
• 3 years experience in Engineering Supervisory position and 5 years experience of manufacturing operations in healthcare /medical device industry.