The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for providing support of production, materials, processes and equipment to achieve production goals. Ensure manufacturing activities are run in accordance with the company’s quality system and policies, including diligent recording of results and writing reports. Can work on their own initiative and as part of a team. Demonstrates good judgement and problem solving ability, capable of understanding the impact of decision making on both the company and end users. Influential team member, fully motivated to achieve goals in line with the department and site objectives. Joins a fast-paced, collaborative work environment!
• Identify and implement opportunities for improved efficiency. Proactive monitoring of line efficiency, performance and output using Lean / Six Sigma methodologies.
• Establish relationship with external manufacturer ensuring production targets are achieved.
• Completion and review of process risk analysis and ongoing dedication to risk reduction.
• Provide design for manufacture feedback/support to R&D team during new product development phase.
• Equipment specification, procurement, calibration, and maintenance.
• Collaborate closely with component and service suppliers on any quality problem.
• Designs, develops, tests, and evaluates new and existing manufacturing systems for production processes including human work factors, material flow, cost analysis, and process optimisation in both production and packaging operations.
• Plans, schedules and performs sophisticated engineering projects to evaluate, select, and adapt or modify standard manufacturing techniques, procedures, and criteria to increase the efficiency of plant operations.
• Develops manufacturing methods, labour utilisation standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilisation.
• Studies operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to resolve worker functions and responsibilities. Ensures the maintenance of labor and equipment capacity models.
• Applies advanced statistical methods and performs mathematical calculations to resolve manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
• Applies verbal and written communications skills in periodic and special reports and presentations both internally and with customers.
• Performs analytical problem solving and utilizes structured decision making skills.
• Gives technical mentorship to Engineers / Associate Engineers.
• Representing the company externally, for example at physician line tours.
Minimum Education and Experience:
• Minimum education of mechanical or biomedical engineering degree or equivalent.
• 2+ years' experience working in line support at Engineering level in Medical Device industry.
• Working knowledge of six sigma and/or lean engineering principles with a consistent track record in use and delivery of results!
Any applicant will need to have a valid visa (Stamp 4) or an EU passport to apply for this role as there is no visa sponsorship offered with this role.