Manufacturing Engineer I
Medical Device experience is essential.
- Health & Safety: Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled for the manufacturing process
- Quality: Drive Engineering solutions to ensure Right First-Time principles, driving yield improvements, Complaint reductions and supporting the CAPA process.
- Continuous Improvement: Own the manufacturing process, work with key business stakeholders and operations teams to assess process capabilities, prioritize process improvement opportunities implementing them using Lean and six-sigma tools.
- Service: Drives a culture of Exceptional Customer Experience (ECE) for both the Internal and External customers, by ensuring that projects and commitments and continually being met or exceeded.
- New Product Introduction: Supports New Part Introduction in conjunction with the Prototyping / NPD Group.
- Responsible for managing the overall equipment performance (OEE) through the appropriate use of Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques (TPM etc).
- Ensure equipment preventative maintenance procedures are effective and ensure compliance to preventative maintenance program.
- Introduction of new equipment; equipment installation validation, process development and validation.
- Resolve quality and technical issues such that impact on product supply to customers is minimized and support Business Unit CAPAs, NCs, FMEAs and audit prep activities.
- Develop and manage SOPs/manufacturing standards/operations standard work as required in compliance with change control process.
- CAPEX management for new and replacement equipment, including investigating in state-of-the-art process technologies and evaluating potential competitive advantage and the cost-benefit of introduction.
- Maintain high quality / compliance standards in line with Medical Devices manufacturing requirements within the company.
- Manage external relationships with key technology providers
- Manage a variable workload to meet operational requirements
What your background should look like:
- Engineering level 8 degree, or equivalent qualification.
- Preferably a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Medical Device experience is essential.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles and statistics
- Demonstrate operating knowledge of Minitab software, would be an advantage
- SolidWorks /AutoCAD skills would be an advantage
- Demonstrate a dynamic, motivated & flexible approach to work with results-oriented attitude
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of ISO & FDA compliance
Any applicant must have a valid visa (Stamp 4) for Ireland or an EU Passport. No visa sponsorship is offered with this role.