Manufacturing Engineer Intern
The Manufacturing Engineer Intern will provide support of production, materials, processes and equipment to achieve production goals. Ensure manufacturing activities are run in accordance with the company’s quality system and policies, including diligent recording of results and writing reports. Can work on their own initiative and as part of a team. Demonstrates good judgement and problem solving ability, capable of understanding the impact of decision making on both the company and end users. Influential team member, fully motivated to achieve goals in line with the department and site objectives. Joins a fast-paced, collaborative work environment!
• Support monitoring of line efficiency, performance and output using Lean / Six Sigma methodologies.
• Completion of process risk analysis and ongoing dedication to risk reduction.
• Compile, analyse and present production data.
• Equipment specification, procurement, calibration, and maintenance.
• Collaborate closely with component and service suppliers on any quality problem.
• Designs, develops, tests, and evaluates new and existing manufacturing systems for production processes including human work factors, material flow, cost analysis, and process optimisation in both production and packaging operations.
• Plans, schedules and performs sophisticated engineering projects to evaluate, select, and adapt or modify standard manufacturing techniques, procedures, and criteria to increase the efficiency of plant operations.
• Applies advanced statistical methods and performs mathematical calculations to resolve manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
• Applies verbal and written communications skills in periodic and special reports and presentations both internally and with customers.
• Performs analytical problem solving and utilises structured decision-making skills.
• Performs other duties assigned as needed
Minimum Education and Experience:
• Currently completing mechanical or biomedical engineering degree or equivalent.
Any applicant will need to have a valid visa (Stamp 4) or an EU passport to apply for this role as there is no visa sponsorship offered with this role.