Our Medtech client in Sligo is seeking a Manufacturing Engineering manager to join their team in Sligo.
Purpose of role:
- To ensure the plant delivers its customer service, financial, energy management, quality and safety goals through the effective management of all activity in relevant manufacturing area.
- To manage the resources in the assigned area so as to ensure targets are communicated and achieved while maintaining a harmonious employee relations climate.
- Ensure Environmental Health and Safety standards are met and all EHS regulations and procedures are adhered to. Foster an awareness of Environmental Health and Safety in the plant and promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- Carry out the responsibilities inherent in the position of a Manager in respect of Manufacturing Operations, including all aspects of safety, training, performance and people development.
- Maintain GMP, HR, EHS, IT, financial and quality procedures and standards by encouraging an atmosphere of involvement, open communication and effective teamwork.
- Motivate employees and build teams to foster culture of continuous improvement & “Right First Time”.
- Ensure that all customer requirements are met and maintain product availability.
- Ensure manufacturing department operates within agreed budgets.
- Primary contact for new process transfers into the Manufacturing Area.
- Implement and monitor new manufacturing strategies.
- Liaise with the relevant Quality & Technical groups to identify, document, investigate and remedy the cause of product or process non-conformance.
- Keep abreast of developments in manufacturing areas to ensure the plant continues to produce quality products while maintaining regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for EHS performance and compliance through active participation and support of EHS Program.
- Recommend/Implement improvements to Safety standards and foster continuous improvement culture to safety.
- Optimize the use of human resources by encouraging an atmosphere of involvement, open communication and effective teamwork.
- Encourage Open Exchange of Ideas and Knowledge Sharing.
- Set Vision, Strategy and Implement.
- Build an effective team.
- Know the Business.
- Drive for Results.
- Provide clear direction and define priorities.
- Ability to work and communicate with all levels of management.
- The minimum education requirement is a Third level qualification in a Science/Engineering related discipline.
- Ideally minimum of 5 years previous management experience in an operational excellence/ Total Quality Management environment.
- Knowledge of GMP requirements in healthcare/pharmaceutical plant is desirable as would give an understanding of requirements of the medical industry.